1. RIDE ON OPEN TRAILS ONLY Respect trail and road closures (ask if not sure), avoid possible trespass on private land, obtain permits or other authorization as may be required. Federal and state Wilderness areas are closed to cycling. The way you ride will influence trail management decisions and policies.
2. LEAVE NO TRACE Be sensitive to the dirt beneath you. Even on open (legal) trails, you should not ride under conditions where you will leave evidence of your passing, such as on certain soils after a rain. Recognize different types of soils and trail construction; practice low-impact cycling. This also means staying on existing trails and not creating new ones. Don't cut switchbacks. Be sure to pack out at least as much as you pack in.
3. CONTROL YOUR BICYCLE Inattention for even a second can cause problems. Obey all bicycle speed regulations and recommendations.
4. ALWAYS YIELD THE TRAIL Make known your approach well in advance. A friendly greeting or bell is considerate and works well; don't startle others. Show your respect when passing by slowing to a walking pace or even stopping. Anticipate other trail users around corners or in blind spots.
5. NEVER SPOOK ANIMALS All animals are startled by unannounced approaches, sudden movements, or loud noises. This can be dangerous for you, others, and the animals. Give animals extra room and time to adjust to you. When passing horses use special care and follow directions from the horseback riders (ask if uncertain). Running cattle and disturbing wildlife is a serious offense. Leave gates as you found them, or as marked.
6. PLAN AHEAD Know your equipment, your ability, and the area in which you are riding -- and prepare accordingly. Be self-sufficient at all times, keep your equipment in good repair, and carry necessary supplies for changes in weather or other conditions. A well-executed trip is a satisfaction to you and not a burden or offense to others. Always wear a helmet and appropriate safety gear.
KEEP TRAILS OPEN BY SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE OF ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE OFF-ROAD CYCLING.
Prices are subject to change without notice on all items listed in our catalog. Not all items listed in our catalog are in-stock items. All items can be purchased online for in-store pickup only. Please notify us of inaccurate/typo errors listed in our website.